Compensation For Spinal Cord Injuries
The causes of spinal cord injuries are widely varied and are frequently the result of another’s negligence. Whether they are from a car accident or workplace accident, spinal cord injuries change lives. From our offices in Lafayette, Louisiana, the Gaar Law Firm has helped numerous spinal cord injury victims and their families deal with the disabilities that require significant medical and financial resources.
Contact us today at 800-549-1083 · Free initial consultations.
Our Lafayette spinal cord injury attorneys have tremendous experience assisting people who have suffered from fractured spines. We gained $895,000 for one client who suffered cervical spine injuries while using a defective captain’s chair. Another client of ours received $1.015 million for his lumbar spine injuries sustained from an auto accident. Yet another one of our clients suffered neck and back injuries in a truck accident, and we were able to get him a $750,000 settlement.
How Frequently Do Spine Injuries Such As Yours Occur?
The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center reports the following spinal cord injury facts and figures:
- An estimated 11,000 individuals suffer spinal cord injury each year
- Between 183,000 and 230,000 people have spinal cord injuries
- The most common result of fractured spine injury is incomplete tetraplegia (a.k.a. quadriplegia), followed by complete paraplegia, incomplete paraplegia, and complete tetraplegia
- The average age at injury is 32.1 years
- 81.6 percent of spinal cord injury victims are men
- Motor vehicle accidents cause 38.5% of the spinal cord injury claims reported
If you or a loved one has experienced a spinal cord or paralysis injury and nerve damage as the result of an accident, contact an experienced Louisiana trial attorney as soon as possible. At Gaar Law Firm, our spinal cord injury lawyers charge you no attorney fees until we win you money.
At Gaar Law Firm, we take all of our cases on a contingency fee basis. This means it will cost you nothing to have an attorney on your case. We collect our fee when you collect from the persons responsible for your injuries. Contact an experienced attorney at the Gaar Law Firm today to learn more about our services. Your initial consultation is always free.