- $7,100,000 Verdict For Jones Act Seaman – Floorhand With Injured Knee And Leg With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- $4.3 million Federal Jury Verdict for a client that sustained multiple injuries after being rear-ended by an 18-wheeler on Interstate 10
- $3.25 Million settlement for a 54-year-old man who lost the use of his left arm in an automobile accident
- $3 Million settlement for a 20-year-old man who suffered brain injury as a result of an accident at school
- $2.8M for oilfield worker/Jones Act seaman injured low back in explosion
- $2.2 Million settlement for 22-year-old woman paralyzed due to medical malpractice
- $1,800,000 recovered for a woman injured as a result of being hit by big truck tire
- $1.6 Million settlement for neck and low back injuries for an offshore worker
- $1.5 Million settlement for injured oilfield worker and against offshore jack-up drilling company for a shoulder injury
- $1.4 Million settlement for a Jones Act Seaman who injured his low back and spine while working in an inland bay
- $1.4 Million settlement – husband and wife injured in auto accident with neck and back surgeries
- $1,250,000 confidential settlement, with a waiver of $266,000.00 on the workers’ comp lien/subrogation, for an offshore worker who injured his shoulder while working out in the exercise room while on a jack-up drilling rig
- $1 Million settlement for a 53-year-old man who sustained back and knee injuries in a motorcycle accident
- $900,000 settlement for longshore worker who injured back while welding within the hull of a barge
- $900,000 settlement for a client who injured his low back as the result of an accident during a vessel transfer from a crew boat to an offshore platform
- $750,000 settlement for an onshore tankerman who injured his neck in a low impact auto accident that resulted in neck surgery
- $700,000 for offshore floorhand who injured his shoulder and low back pulling drill slips
- $650,000 judgment plus waiver of $200,000.00 maintenance and cure payments for offshore crew boat captain injured low back in rough seas slip and fall accident
- $500,000.00 settlement for a rear-end wrongful death auto accident
- $500,000,00 settlement for injured longshoreman with low back injury who fell through an open hatch
- $500,000 settlement for a contract hand who injured his back and shoulder in a fall through grating aboard an aircraft carrier
- $450,000 settlement for a sideswipe accident resulting in a neck injury
- $450,000 settlement for a woman who injured her neck in a low impact auto accident
- $440,000 settlement for a woman who injured her neck in a low impact auto accident
- $425,000 settlement for a welder who injured his neck while being pulled from a confined space
- $425,000 settlement for a housewife who injured her neck when a garbage truck backed into her car
- $425,000 for a client who was struck by a commercial vehicle that failed to yield
- $375,000 settlement for a man who injured his neck in a low impact rear-end accident
- $362,000 settlement for a client who injured neck in automobile accident
- $350,000 settlement for a woman suffering wrist and shoulder injuries with an aggravation of a previous back injury
- $350,000 for a passenger in a vehicle rear-ended by the following driver)
- $325,000.00 settlement for injured restaurant patron with neck and back injury in parking lot trip and fall accident
- $275,000 settlement for a woman who injured her neck in an auto accident
- $275,000 settlement for a woman who injured her neck in an auto accident with no surgery
- $250,000 for a passenger in a vehicle rear-ended by following driver
- $250,000 for the passenger in a vehicle struck by an oncoming vehicle
- $250,000 settlement for our client who injured her neck and shoulder in an auto accident, ultimately necessitating the recommendation for a neck surgery
- $240,000 settlement for a woman injured in an auto accident with a surgical recommendation for the neck
- $200,000.00 settlement for wrongful death medical malpractice of infant during delivery
- $195,000 for driver struck by wide load escort vehicle that ran red light
- $140,000.00 for oilfield worker who broke a leg in drunken bunk room brawl on job site
$7,100,000.00 Verdict For Jones Act Seaman – Floorhand With Injured Knee And Leg With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully litigated a Jones Act maritime case involving a floorhand who injured his leg and knee and who subsequently developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, which essentially rendered him wheelchair-bound for the remainder of his life.
The Gaar Law Firm recently obtained a $4.3 million jury verdict in Federal Court in the Western District of Louisiana – Lafayette Division, for our injured client who was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler on Interstate 10. After being caught in a lie by their truck driver defendants, stipulated to liability but fought at trial over medical causation. The client sustained injuries to his neck, lower back, knee and shoulder, in addition to, mild traumatic brain injury.
Lucas Colligan recovered $3.25 Million for a 54-year-old man who lost the use of his left arm in an auto accident occurring on I-10 near Lafayette, Louisiana.
$3,000,000.00 For A Rear-End Motor Vehicle Collision With Multiple Back Surgeries And A Permanent Dorsal Column Stimulator
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully concluded an injury claim for a client who injured his lower back in a rear-end motor vehicle accident.
$3 Million Settlement For 20-Year-Old Man Who Suffered Brain Injury As A Result Of Accident At School
Lucas Colligan recently recovered over $3 million for a young man who sustained an eye and brain injury at school.
$2.2 Million Settlement For 22-Year-Old Woman Paralyzed Due To Medical Malpractice
Lucas Colligan recovered over $2 million for a young woman who was paralyzed as a result of a surgical procedure.
$1,800,000.00 Recovered For A Woman Injured As A Result Of Being Hit By Big Truck Tire
The Gaar Law Firm recently recovered $1,800,000.00 for a woman who was injured when an 18-wheeler tire blew out while traveling down Interstate 10.
$1.6 Million Settlement For Neck And Low Back Injuries For Offshore Worker
Joseph F. Gaar and Lucas S. Colligan, obtained a $1.6 million settlement, with waiver of $150,000.00 comp subrogation, for an offshore worker who was injured in a personnel basket transfer accident.
$1 Million Settlement For A 53 Year Old Man Who Sustained Back And Knee Injuries In A Motorcycle Accident
The Gaar Law Firm recovered $1,000,000 for 53-year-old gentlemen injured when a company vehicle pulled out in front of his motorcycle.
$752,000 Verdict For Deckhand Injured In An Unwitnessed Slip And Fall
Lucas S. Colligan successfully litigated a case involving a deckhand who injured his back after he fell on a port-side stairway.
$575,000 For A Low Impact Collision With A Commercial Vehicle Resulting In Neck Surgery
The client was involved in a frontal collision with a commercial vehicle while both vehicles were going around a curve.
$375,000 For An Auto Accident Resulting In A Back Injury
The client was involved in an accident where she was rear-ended by another vehicle.
$235,000 For A Rear-End Motor Vehicle Collision With No Surgical Recommendation
The client was in a motor vehicle waiting for oncoming traffic to clear to make a left turn when he was rear-ended by another motor vehicle.
$145,000 Settlement For Female Worker Sexually Harassed And Subsequently Fired For Reporting
The female client complained of sexual comments and touching on the part of her supervisors over the course of her two months of employment, and was fired by the employer in retaliation shortly thereafter.
$4.25 Million Jury Verdict For Painter With Electrocution/Burn Injuries
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully litigated electrocution and burn case, which resulted in a $4.25 million verdict in favor of the plaintiff.
$2.8 Million Settlement For Low Back Injury For Offshore Worker
Joseph F. Gaar obtained a $2.8 million settlement for an offshore worker who was injured in a personnel basket transfer accident.
$1.525 Million Dollar Settlement
Our firm’s auto accident attorneys represented a 72-year-old gentleman who was injured when the car he was riding in ran a stop sign causing an accident.
$1.5 Million Settlement For Four Clients With Various Injuries Hurt In Boating Accident
The Gaar Law Firm obtained over $1.5 million for four clients with various injuries as a result of a barge waking accident. The inland barge and tow at issue was traveling through the ICWW at an unsafe speed causing the plaintiffs small fishing boat to capsize.
1.5 Million Settlement For Fall Occurring At Work Resulting In Controlled Seizure Disorder
In a confidential settlement, the Gaar Law Firm obtained a $1.5 million settlement, following mediation for a head injury, which resulted in a controlled seizure disorder.
$1.3 Million Settlement
Our firm’s Lafayette Maritime Attorneys represented a man who was injured while attempting a personnel basket transfer from an oil rig to the deck of a boat.
$1.3 Million Settlement During Trial For Work Accident Resulting In Death
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr., together with Texas attorneys, Glenn Diddel, Claudio Heredia and Rolando Jasso, were able to secure a $1.3 million settlement for their client, whose husband was killed as a result of an industrial accident. I
$1.275 Million Jury Verdict
(Our firm’s Louisiana Wrongful Death Attorneys) Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully obtained a trial court verdict in representing the family of a 17-year-old girl who was tragically killed when she was hit by a truck while walking on the side of the road.
$1.25 Million Settlement
Joseph Gaar successfully obtained a $1.25 million settlement for an offshore worker who injured his shoulder while working out in the exercise room resulting in a torn rotator cuff and three repairs surgeries. This award did was in addition to over $150,000.00 also paid to the injured worker for workers’ compensation and medical benefits.
$1.243 Million Judge Verdict
Our firm’s Jones Act and Maritime attorneys represented a boat owner whose pleasure craft was partially capsized by the wake of a passing tugboat.
$1.2 Million Settlement For Hospital Worker Who Injured Her Low Back In Slip-And-Fall Accident
Joseph F. Gaar obtained a $1.2 Million settlement for a hospital worker who injured her low back and had a spinal cord stimulator surgery, with no lumbar surgery recommended.
$1,180,000.00 Million Settlement For Auto Accident Requiring Spinal Surgery
The Gaar Law Firm settled an auto accident case, resulting in spinal surgery for $1,180,000.00, representing the policy limits of the underlying defendant’s insurance policy.
$1.15 Million Settlement For A Client Who Injured Her Neck And Lower Back In An Auto Accident.
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $1.15 million settlement for a salesclerk who injured her neck and back in an auto accident resulting in back surgery.
$1.1 Million Verdict
Joseph Gaar tried and successfully obtained a $1.1 million verdict for an offshore worker who injured his low back resulting in surgery, when fell on a crew boat in rough seas.
$1,015,000.00 Million Settlement For Auto Accident With Single Level Lumbar Surgery
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. settled a single level lumbar surgery case for defendants $1,000,000.00 policy limits plus the plaintiff’s UM and med-pay coverage of $15,000.00.
$965,000.00 Settlement For Automobile Accident With Single Level Lumbar Surgery
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully settled a single level lumbar surgery case with the defendants for $965,000.00. In this case, our client was injured when he and his wife had stopped due to a flat tire.
$950,000.00 Settlement Following Trial For Offshore Crew Boat Collision Accident Resulting In Single-Level Cervical Fusion
Mr. Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. obtained a $950,000.00 settlement, following a two-day trial, for injuries the plaintiff sustained while riding as a passenger in an offshore crew boat, which struck a submerged sandbar.
$895,000.00 Settlement For Jones Act Seaman With Single Level Cervical Fusion
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $895,000.00 settlement for a single level cervical fusion, which resulted from an offshore accident. Our client was injured when a captain’s chair he was using, to pilot a company vessel, overturned in rough seas.
$857,500.00 For Manlift Malfunction Accident With Lumbar Fusion Surgery
In a confidential settlement, the Gaar Law Firm obtained a $857,500.00 confidential settlement, following mediation.
$850,000 Settlement For A Boat Captain Who Injured His Neck In A Collision Between 2 Boats.
The Gaar Law Firm obtained an $850,000 settlement for a boat captain who injured his neck in a collision occurring on the inland rivers of Louisiana. The client underwent neck surgery as a result.
Our firm’s maritime and Jones act attorneys represented a gentleman who injured his back and ankle while he was working aboard a Dredge boat.
$800,000.00 Settlement For Floorhand Injured Pulling Drill Slips On Inland Barge
Lucas Colligan of the Gaar Law Firm recently secured an $800,000.00 settlement for a floorhand injured on an inland drill barge.
Our firm’s Maritime attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured during a personnel basket transfer in rough weather.
$790,000.00 For Trucking Accident With A Single Level Lumbar Surgery
The Gaar Law Firm successfully settled a single level lumbar surgery case, with the defendants for $790,000.00.
$750,000.00 Settlement For Trucking Accident With Cervical And Lumbar Surgery
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. obtained a $750,000.00 settlement for a truck driver who was injured when hit by another 18-wheeler that lost control due to slick highway conditions.
$750,000.00 Settlement For Trucking Accident With Unoperated Cervical And Lumbar Injuries
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $750,000.00 settlement following mediation for unoperated cervical and lumbar disc injuries.
Our firm Jones Act and Maritime attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured when the wake from a tug boat violently hit his pleasure craft.
$721,000.00 Settlement For Unoperated Cervical And Lumbar Injuries
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. obtained a $721,000.00 remaining policy limits settlement from the defendants for an unoperated neck or back injury.
$675,000.00 Verdict Following Trial For Offshore Crew Boat Captain Resulting In Single Level Lumbar Fusion
Will Schieffler obtained a $675,000 verdict following a three-day trial, for injuries to a Jones Act boat captain who injured his neck, low back and shoulder in a slip and fall accident while in heavy seas.
$662,000.00 For Injured Seaman Who Fell Off Scaffold
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $662,000.00 settlement for an inland barge deckhand worker/Jones Act seaman who injured his neck with resulting neck surgery.
Our firm’s Maritime and Jones Act attorneys represented a tug boat captain who injured his neck and shoulder while attempting to descend a flight of stairs leading from the wheelhouse to the galley.
$600,000.00 For A Single Level Cervical Fusion
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $600,000.00 settlement, for a single level cervical fusion.
$600,000.00 Settlement For Client With Low Back Injury From Rear-End Auto Accident
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a settlement of $600,000.00 for his client who sustained a low back injury with surgical recommendation, but no surgery at the time of settlement. The client was injured in rear-end auto accident.
Our firm’s Heavy Trucking Accident and auto accident attorneys represented a 60 Hispanic man who was injured when an 18-wheeler ran a stop sign directly into the path of our client.
$575,000.00 Settlement For Crew Boat Collision Accident With Single Level Lumbar Surgery
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $575,000.00 settlement for a single level lumbar surgery resulting from an offshore crew boat collision accident.
$560,000.00 Verdict For Client Who Injured Her Low Back In Low Impact Auto Accident With Less Than $1,100 In Property Damage
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a trial court verdict that was sustained on appeal, totaling over $560,000.00 for their client who had a low back injury from a minor low impact auto accident where lumbar surgery was recommended but not obtained. The client’s past medical expenses were under $32,000.00.
Our firm’s oil rig accident attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured when the drilling rig he was working on as a floor hand collapsed.
$506,000.00 Trial Verdict For Unemployed Country/Western Singer With Questionable Spinal Injury
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully litigated an unwitnessed, single-car accident, where our client struck a cow that escaped from its enclosure and was wandering the road.
$500,000.00 Settlement For Facial Trauma And Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $500,000.00 tender of all policy limits for facial trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder suffered by a woman in an automobile accident.
The Gaar Law Firm tried and successfully obtained a $480,000.00.00 jury verdict for a client with minimal property damage and a surgery recommendation. Defendants argued low impact, pre-existing conditions and failure to mitigate her damages in not getting the recommended surgery by the trial of trial.
$458,000.00 Jury Verdict For Auto Accident Injuries Resulting In Single-Level Cervical Surgery
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. was successful at trial in recovering a $458,000.00 verdict on behalf of his client.
$450,000.00 For A Single Level Lumbar Fusion
The Gaar Law Firm successfully settled a single level lumbar fusion in a minimal impact collision for $450,000.00.
$425,000.00 For Cervical Injuries With A 10-Month Gap In Treatment
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr., and the Gaar Law Firm obtained a $425,000.00 settlement, following mediation for a single level cervical fusion, with a 10-month gap in treatment.
$425,000.00 Settlement For Helicopter Crash Accident With Single Level Lumbar Fusion
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $425,000.00 settlement for a single level lumbar fusion, despite the fact that the plaintiff was able to return to work following his surgery.
$416,000.00 Settlement For Client With A Fused Ankle Injury Form Products Defect
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a settlement for client with ankle injury when an air compressor exploded blowing a bolt through his ankle requiring a fusion.
$400,000.00 Settlement For Boating Accident With Unoperated Lumbar Injuries
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $400,000.00 settlement, following mediation, for an un-operated lumbar disc injury.
$398,500.00 Settlement For Offshore Welder With Facial Trauma And TMJ
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully convinced the defendants to pay our client $398,500.00 for facial trauma resulting from an offshore accident.
$375,000.00 For Un-Operated Lumbar Injury
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $375,000.00 settlement, following mediation for an un-operated lumbar disc injury.
Our firm’s auto accident attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured when his truck was broadsided by another car.
$312,500.00 Settlement For Jones Act Seaman Unwitnessed Slip-And-Fall Accident With A Torn Medial Meniscus Knee Injury
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. received a $312,500.00 settlement for a torn medial meniscus, requiring arthroscopic surgery.
$300,000.00 For Katrina Victim Who Injured Her Shoulder During Evacuation
The Gaar Law Firm represented a New Orleans woman, who was an evacuee from the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina.
Our firm’s auto accident attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured when an 18-wheeler pulled out in front of our client causing him to leave the road to avoid the accident.
$2.5 Million Settlement For A 4-Year-Old Who Suffered A Brain Injury In An Auto Accident.
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $2.5 million dollar settlement for the family of a 4-year-old boy who suffered a brain injury in an auto accident. Despite having two surgeries, the young man has made a full recovery and leads an active and normal life.