Dedicated To Helping Injured People

Dedicated To Helping Injured

Exterior of Office Building of The Gaar Law Firm | Trail Attorneys

Why victims of motor vehicle accidents might want to seek relief

On Behalf of | Oct 24, 2019 | motor vehicle accidents

Were you involved in a car accident recently? If so, you are probably coming to realize how much that event is going to cost you, and it might be more than you thought it would be. Victims of motor vehicle accidents not only find themselves out a lot of money — due to medical bills, property repair or replacement, and lost wages, among other things — they also suffer physically and sometimes emotionally, which can have an extremely negative impact on their lives. What insurance offers victims of motor vehicle accidents is often not enough. For this reason, it may be worth seeking relief by filing claims in a Louisiana civil court.

Every car accident case is different. In minor fender-benders, working with insurance alone or addressing the matter privately may be sufficient. In more serious cases, however, you might be lucky to get just enough to replace your car and barely cover your medical bills. Insurance providers may not take into account how motor vehicle accidents affect victims long-term.

If you’ve suffered injuries in a car crash, you are likely learning that recovery can be more complicated than you thought it would be. It may take more time, some treatment options may prove ineffective, and some injuries may cause long-lasting pain. Your losses are worth something. They should not be dismissed all because insurance providers want to appease shareholders rather than take care of those they are supposed to be serving.

Every day, victims of motor vehicle accidents in Louisiana are taken advantage of by insurance providers. If you feel that you are being mistreated and that the compensation offered you is insufficient, you do not have to sit by and take it. With the assistance of counsel, it may be possible to negotiate a better settlement. If negotiations prove ineffective, taking the matter to court may be appropriate. To learn more about this topic, please visit our firm’s website.