- $7,100,000.00 Verdict For Jones Act Seaman – Floorhand With Injured Knee And Leg With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- $1.6 Million settlement for neck and low back injuries for offshore worker.
- $1.5 Million settlement for injured oilfield worker and against offshore jack up drilling company for shoulder injury.
- $1.4 Million settlement - husband and wife injured in auto accident with neck and back surgeries
- $500,000.00 settlement for a rear end wrongful death auto accident.
- $500,000,00 settlement for injured longshoreman with low back injury who fell through an open hatch.
- $325,000.00 settlement for injured restaurant patron with neck and back injury in parking lot trip and fall accident
- $450,000 settlement for a sideswipe accident resulting in a neck injury
- $425,000 settlement for a welder who injured his neck while being pulled from a confined space
- $500,000 settlement for a contract hand who injured his back and shoulder in a fall through grating aboard an aircraft carrier
- $750,000 settlement for an onshore tankerman who injured his neck in a low impact auto accident that resulted in neck surgery
- $425,000 settlement for a house wife who injured her neck when a garbage truck backed into her car
- $375,000 settlement for a man who injured his neck in a low impact rear-end accident
- $240,000 settlement for a woman injured in an auto accident with a surgical recommendation for the neck
- $350,000 settlement for a woman suffering wrist and shoulder injuries with an aggravation of a previous back injury
- $275,000 settlement for a woman who injured her neck in an auto accident with no surgery
- $450,000 settlement for a woman who injured her neck in a low impact auto accident
- $440,000 settlement for a woman who injured her neck in a low impact auto accident
- $275,000 settlement for a woman who injured her neck in an auto accident
- $900,000 settlement for long shore worker who injured back while welding within the hull of a barge
- $250,000 for passenger in vehicle rear-ended by following driver
- $350,000 for passenger in vehicle rear-ended by following driver)
- $250,000 for passenger in vehicle struck by oncoming vehicle
- $195,000 for driver struck by wide load escort vehicle that ran red light
- $425,000 for client who was struck by commercial vehicle that failed to yield
- $200,000.00 settlement for wrongful death medical malpractice of infant during delivery
- $650,000 judgment plus waiver of $200,000.00 maintenance and cure payments for offshore crew boat captain injured low back in rough seas slip and fall accident
- $2.8M for oilfield worker/Jones Act seaman injured low back in explosion
- $700,000 for offshore floorhand who injured his shoulder and low back pulling drill slips
- $140,000.00 for oilfield worker who broke leg in drunken bunk room brawl on job site
- $362,000 settlement for client who injured neck in automobile accident
$7,100,000.00 VERDICT FOR JONES ACT SEAMAN – FLOORHAND WITH INJURED KNEE AND LEG WITH COMPLEX REGIONAL PAIN SYNDROME
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. and Jason M. Welborn successfully litigated a Jones Act maritime case involving a floorhand who injured his leg and knee and who subsequently developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, which essentially rendered him wheelchair bound for the remainder of his life.
$1.6 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR NECK AND LOW BACK INJURIES FOR OFFSHORE WORKER
Joseph F. Gaar and Lucas S. Colligan, obtained a $1.6 million settlement, with waiver of $150,000.00 comp subrogation, for an offshore worker who was injured in a personnel basket transfer accident.
$3,000,000.00 FOR A REAR-END MOTOR VEHICLE COLLISION WITH MULTIPLE BACK SURGERIES AND A PERMANENT DORSAL COLUMN STIMULATOR.
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully concluded an injury claim for a client who injured his lower back in a rear-end motor vehicle accident.
$752,000 VERDICT FOR DECKHAND INJURED IN AN UNWITNESSED SLIP AND FALL
Lucas S. Colligan and Jason M. Welborn successfully litigated a case involving a deckhand who injured his back after he fell on a port-side stairway.
$575,000 FOR A LOW IMPACT COLLISION WITH A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE RESULTING IN NECK SURGERY
Client was involved in a frontal collision with a commercial vehicle while both vehicles were going around a curve.
$375,000 FOR AN AUTO ACCIDENT RESULTING IN A BACK INJURY
Client was involved in an accident where she was rearended by another vehicle.
$235,000 FOR A REAR-END MOTOR VEHICLE COLLISION WITH NO SURGICAL RECOMMENDATION
Client was in a motor vehicle waiting for oncoming traffic to clear to make a left turn when he was rear ended by another motor vehicle.
$145,000 SETTLEMENT FOR FEMALE WORKER SEXUALLY HARASSED, AND SUBSEQUENTLY FIRED FOR REPORTING
Female client complained of sexual comments and touching on the part of her supervisors over the course of her two months of employment, and was fired by the employer in retaliation shortly thereafter.
$4.25 MILLION JURY VERDICT FOR PAINTER WITH ELECTROCUTION/BURN INJURIES
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully litigated an electrocution and burn case, which resulted in a $4.25 million verdict in favor of the plaintiff.
$2.8 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR LOW BACK INJURY FOR OFFSHORE WORKER
Joseph F. Gaar obtained a $2.8 million settlement for an offshore worker who was injured in a personnel basket transfer accident.
$1.525 MILLION DOLLAR SETTLEMENT
Our firm's auto accident attorneys represented a 72 year old gentlemen who was injured when the car he was riding in ran a stop sign causing an accident.
1.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR FALL OCCURRING AT WORK RESULTING IN CONTROLLED SEIZURE DISORDER
In a confidential settlement, Jason M. Welborn and The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $1.5 million settlement, following mediation for a head injury, which resulted in a controlled seizure disorder.
$1.3 MILLION SETTLEMENT
Our firm's Lafayette Maritime Attorneys represented a man who was injured while attempting a personnel basket transfer from an oil rig to the deck of a boat.
$1.3 MILLION SETTLEMENT DURING TRIAL FOR WORK ACCIDENT RESULTING IN DEATH
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr., together with Texas attorneys, Glenn Diddel, Claudio Heredia and Rolando Jasso, were able to secure a $1.3 million settlement for their client, whose husband was killed as a result of an industrial accident. I
$1.275 MILLION JURY VERDICT
Our firm's Louisiana Wrongful Death Attorneys represented the family of a 17 year old girl who was tragically killed when she was hit by a truck while walking on the side of the road.
$1.243 MILLION JUDGE VERDICT
Our firm's Jones Act and Maritime attorneys represented a boat owner whose pleasure craft was partially capsized by the wake of a passing tug boat.
$1,180,000.00 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR AUTO ACCIDENT REQUIRING SPINAL SURGERY
Jason M. Welborn settled an auto accident case, resulting in spinal surgery for $1,180,000.00, representing the policy limits of the underlying defendant's insurance policy.
$1,015,000.00 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR AUTO ACCIDENT WITH SINGLE LEVEL LUMBAR SURGERY
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. settled a single level lumbar surgery case for defendants $1,000,000.00 policy limits plus plaintiff's UM and med-pay coverage of $15,000.00.
$965,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT WITH SINGLE LEVEL LUMBAR SURGERY
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully settled a single level lumbar surgery case with the defendants for $965,000.00. In this case, our client was injured when he and his wife had stopped due to a flat tire. The
$950,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOLLOWING TRIAL FOR OFFSHORE CREW BOAT COLLISION ACCIDENT RESULTING IN SINGLE LEVEL CERVICAL FUSION
Mr. Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. obtained a $950,000.00 settlement, following a two day trial, for injuries the plaintiff sustained while riding as a passenger in an offshore crew boat, which struck a submerged sandbar.
$895,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR JONES ACT SEAMAN WITH SINGLE LEVEL CERVICAL FUSION
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $895,000.00 settlement for a single level cervical fusion, which resulted from an offshore accident. Our client was injured when a captain's chair he was using, to pilot a company vessel, overturned in rough seas.
$857,500.00 FOR MANLIFT MALFUNCTION ACCIDENT WITH LUMBAR FUSION SURGERY
In a confidential settlement, The Gaar Law firm obtained a $857,500.00 confidential settlement, following mediation.
Our firm's maritime and Jones act attorneys represented a gentleman who injured his back and ankle while he was working aboard a Dredge boat.
$800,000.00 Settlement for floorhand injured pulling drill slips on inland barge
Lucas Colligan of the Gaar Law Firm recently secured an $800,000.00 settlement for a floorhand injured on an inland drill barge.
Our firm's Maritime attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured during a personnel basket transfer in rough weather.
$790,000.00 FOR TRUCKING ACCIDENT WITH A SINGLE LEVEL LUMBAR SURGERY
Jason M. Welborn and The Gaar Law Firm successfully settled a single level lumbar surgery case, with the defendants for $790,000.00.
$750,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR TRUCKING ACCIDENT WITH CERVICAL AND LUMBAR SURGERY
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. obtained a $750,000.00 settlement for a truck driver who was injured when hit by another 18-wheeler that lost control due to slick highway conditions.
$750,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR TRUCKING ACCIDENT WITH UNOPERATED CERVICAL AND LUMBAR INJURIES
Jason M. Welborn and the Gaar Law Firm obtained a $750,000.00 settlement following mediation for unoperated cervical and lumbar disc injuries.
Our firm Jones Act and Maritime attorneys represented a gentlemen who was injured when the wake from a tug boat violently hit his pleasure craft.
$721,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR UNOPERATED CERVICAL AND LUMBAR INJURIES
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. obtained a $721,000.00 remaining policy limits settlement from the defendants for an unoperated neck or back injury.
$675,000.00 Verdict following trial for offshore crew boat captain resulting in single level lumbar fusion
Will Schieffler obtained a $675,000 verdict following a three day trial, for injuries to a Jones Act boat captain who injured his neck, low back and shoulder in a slip and fall accident while in heavy seas.
Our firm's Maritime and Jones Act attorney's represented a tug boat captain who injured his neck and shoulder while attempting to descend a flight of stairs leading from the wheelhouse to the galley.
$600,000.00 FOR A SINGLE LEVEL CERVICAL FUSION
Jason M. Welborn and The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $600,000.00 settlement, for a single level cervical fusion.
Our firm's Heavy Trucking Accident and auto accident attorney's represented a 60 Hispanic man who was injured when an 18-wheeler ran a stop sign directly into the path of our client.
$575,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR CREW BOAT COLLISION ACCIDENT WITH SINGLE LEVEL LUMBAR SURGERY
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $575,000.00 settlement for a single level lumbar surgery resulting from an offshore crew boat collision accident.
Our firm's oil rig accident attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured when the drilling rig he was working on as a floor hand collapsed.
$506,000.00 TRIAL VERDICT FOR UNEMPLOYED COUNTRY/WESTERN SINGER WITH QUESTIONABLE SPINAL INJURY
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. and Jason M. Welborn successfully litigated an unwitnessed, single car accident, where our client struck a cow that escaped from its enclosure and was wandering the road.
$500,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR FACIAL TRAUMA AND POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
Jason M. Welborn obtained a $500,000.00 tender of all policy limits for facial trauma and post traumatic stress disorder suffered by a woman in an automobile accident.
$458,000.00 JURY VERDICT FOR AUTO ACCIDENT INJURIES RESULTING IN SINGLE LEVEL CERVICAL SURGERY
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. was successful at trial in recovering a $458,000.00 verdict on behalf of his client.
$450,000.00 FOR A SINGLE LEVEL LUMBAR FUSION
Jason M. Welborn successfully settled a single level lumbar fusion in a minimal impact collision for $450,000.00.
$425,000.00 FOR CERVICAL INJURIES WITH A TEN MONTH GAP IN TREATMENT
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr., and The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $425,000.00 settlement, following mediation for a single level cervical fusion, with a ten month gap in treatment.
$425,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR HELICOPTER CRASH ACCIDENT WITH SINGLE LEVEL LUMBAR FUSION
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $425,000.00 settlement for a single level lumbar fusion, despite the fact that the plaintiff was able to return to work following his surgery.
$400,000.00 SETTLEMENT FOR BOATING ACCIDENT WITH UNOPERATED LUMBAR INJURIES
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $400,000.00 settlement, following mediation, for an un-operated lumbar disc injury.
$398,500.00 SETTLEMENT FOR OFFSHORE WELDER WITH FACIAL TRAUMA AND TMJ
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. successfully convinced the defendants to pay our client $398,500.00 for facial trauma resulting from an offshore accident.
$375,000.00 FOR UN-OPERATED LUMBAR INJURY
The Gaar Law Firm obtained a $375,000.00 settlement, following mediation for an un-operated lumbar disc injury.
Our firm's auto accident attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured when his truck was broadsided by another car.
$312,500.00 SETTLEMENT FOR JONES ACT SEAMAN UNWITNESSED SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT WITH A TORN MEDIAL MENISCUS KNEE INJURY
Joseph F. Gaar, Jr. received a $312,500.00 settlement for a torn medial meniscus, requiring arthroscopic surgery.
$300,000.00 FOR KATRINA VICTIM WHO INJURED HER SHOULDER DURING EVACUATION
Jason M. Welborn represented a New Orleans woman, who was an evacuee from the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina.
Our firm's auto accident attorneys represented a gentleman who was injured when an 18-wheeler pulled out in front of our client causing him to leave the road to avoid the accident.