Nobody gets though life unscathed. And while some accidents, illnesses, and catastrophes feel like inexplicable acts of God, others have preventable, human causes.
Where you can trace the cause of your injury or of your loved one's death to negligence-recklessness, wanton disregard, or carelessness-you may have cause for a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Speak to a local Lake Charles personal injury attorney about your case and explore your options.
Automobile accidents constitute by far the most common cause of Lake Charles personal injuries. In Louisiana and nationwide, motor vehicle accidents have long been the most frequent source of personal injury and death. If you are involved in a Lake Charles automobile accident, speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer from the Gaar Law Firm about asserting your right to be compensated for your injuries and loss.
Other personal injuries can occur through:
- Slips and falls
- Maritime accidents
- Work injuries, including repetitive motion injuries
- Food poisoning
Lake Charles personal injury attorneys can help you sort through the facts of your case and decide whether to sue the responsible party for negligence.
Most doctors are never sued for malpractice, just as most patients are never injured through healthcare provider negligence. Nevertheless, some studies estimate that medical errors constitute the third-leading cause of death in the United States. Medical malpractice occurs when any medical provider-nurse, physical therapist, doctor, radiologist, etc.-fails to abide by professional standards, causing harm to the patient.
Some examples of common medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Prescribing or dispensing the wrong medication or the wrong quantity
- Improper or inadequate sanitary precautions, transmitting infection
- Amputation of or operation on the wrong limb or body part
In any of these cases, you probably qualify for a Lake Charles injury settlement. Speak with expert local attorneys from the Gaar Law Firm about whether and how to pursue a Lake Charles personal injury lawsuit.
In Louisiana, auto accidents constitute the most common cause of accidental death, and human error causes the vast majority of motor vehicle accidents. Other common causes of accidental death include:
- Falls: from stairs, ladders, ships and boats, scaffolding or construction, etc.
- Poisoning: from toxic vapors, medication, food, etc.
- Drowning: most typically during maritime work or recreational boating
- Fire-related injuries: smoke inhalation, burning, etc.
- Accidental gun discharges
Let us help you
We at the Gaar Law Firm have almost 50 years combined experience successfully representing personal injury and accidental death victims. Contact us today for a free consultation and some expert legal insight into your case.